"jump off in the midst of the sea, rise again, nod to me, shout..." -walt whitman

March 23, 2007

Brownie Hawkeye: Completed.


Keith and I finished our "chapbook." Brownie Hawkeye is written, edited and bound. It has exactly 20 stories, and it is my general opinion that it is an extremely hot-looking-little book. (Even if I am saying it myself.)

We took our design to Pandora Press, a little Mennonite printing press in sketch-town Kitchener. Through our various trips up and down King Street, I've discovered that downtown Kitchener is a gem. (Where else if there a pawn shop and tattoo parlour at every corner?) I think we drove that route ten times, and there was never a dull moment. I told Keith he needs to take his camera down there, and take some pictures of the shop signs; they are priceless. (The next book?)

It is true that at times, it was our opinion that Brownie Hawkeye would effectively bring our relationship to an end, but all in all, I think we did just fine.

2 Comments:

Blogger Molly D said...

OH MY GOODNESS! That is the coolest looking book I've ever seen! Tell me how much to make the check out to for my autographed copy--I'm serious!

6:13 PM

 
Blogger Maria Elyse said...

Haha. I have a copy for you :) No cheque needed!! I"ll put it in the mail :)!

6:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home